- Wang A, Zhu W, Gundersen P, Phillips OL, Chen D*, Fang Y*. (2018). Fates of atmospheric deposited nitrogen in an Asian tropical primary forest, Forest Ecology and Management, Accepted.
- Quan Z, Huang B, Lu C, Shi Y, Chen X, Zhou J, Fang Y*. (2018). Formation of extractable organic nitrogen in an agricultural soil: A 15N labeling study. Soil Biology and Biochemistry, 118, 161-165.
Chen C, Jia Y, Chen Y, Mehmood, I, Fang Y, Wang G. (2018). Nitrogen isotopic composition of plants and soil in an arid mountainous terrain: south slope versus north slope, Biogeosciences, 15, 369-377.
- Quan Z, Li S, Zhu F, Zhang L, He J, Wei W, Fang Y*. (2017). Fates of 15N-labeled fertilizer in a black soil-maize system and the response to straw incorporation in Northeast China. Journal of Soils and Sediments. doi: 10.1007/s11368-017-1857-3
- Haiyan Ren, Zhuwen Xu, Forest Isbell, Jianhui Huang, Xingguo Han, Shiqiang Wan, Shiping Chen, Ruzhen Wang, De-Hui Zeng, Yong Jiang, Yunting Fang*. (2017) Exacerbated nitrogen limitation ends transient stimulation of grassland productivity by increased precipitation. Ecological Monographs, 87, 1-13
- Dongwei Liu, Weixing Zhu*, Xiaobo Wang, Yuepeng Pan, Chao Wang, Dan Xi, Edith Bai, Yuesi Wang, Xingguo Han, Yunting Fang*. (2017) Abiotic versus biotic controls on soil nitrogen cycling in drylands along a 3200 km transect. Biogeosciences, 14: 989-1001.
- Shuping Qin, Yaxing Pang, Timothy Clough, Nicole Wrage-Monnig, Chunsheng Hu, Yuming Zhang, Shungui Zhou, Yunting Fang. (2017) N2 production via aerobic pathways may play a significant role in nitrogen cycling in upland soils. Soil Biology and Biochemistry, 108:36-40.
- Yuepeng Pan, Yongwen Liu, Gregory R. Wentworth, Lin Zhang, Yuanhong Zhao, Yi Li, Xuejun Liu, Enzai Du, Yunting Fang, Hongwei Xiao, Hongyuan Ma, Yuesi Wang. (2017) Letter to the editor: Critical assessments of the current state of scientific knowledge, terminology, and research needs concerning the ecological effects of elevated atmospheric nitrogen deposition in China. Atmospheric Environment, 153:109-116.
- Yuepeng Pan*,Shili Tian, Dongwei Liu, Yunting Fang*, Xiaying Zhu, Qiang Zhang, Bo Zheng, Greg Michalski, and Yuesi Wang. (2016) Fossil Fuel Combustion-Related Emissions Dominate Atmospheric Ammonia Sources during Severe Haze Episodes: Evidence from 15N-Stable Isotope in Size-Resolved Aerosol Ammonium.Environ. Sci. Technol., 50: 8049–8056.
- Yuepeng Pan*,Shili Tian, Dongwei Liu, Yunting Fang*, Xiaying Zhu, Qiang Zhang, Bo Zheng, Greg Michalski, and Yuesi Wang. (2016) Reply to Comment on "Fossil Fuel Combustion-Related Emissions Dominate Atmospheric Ammonia Sources during Severe Haze Episodes: Evidence from 15N-Stable Isotope in Size-Resolved Aerosol Ammonium".Environ. Sci. Technol., 50: 10767–10768
- Xi D, Bai R, Zhang LM, Fang YT*. (2016) Considerable contribution of anammox to nitrogen removal in two temperate forest soils. Applied and Environmental Microbiology, 82: 4602–4612.
- Zhang WD, Chao L, Yang QP, Wang QK, Fang YT, Wang SL. (2016) Litter quality mediated nitrogen effect on plant litter decomposition regardless of soil fauna presence. Ecology, 97, 2016: 2834–2843. DOI: 10.1002/ecy.1515.
- Geshere Abdisa Gurmesa, Xiankai Lu, Per Gundersen, Qinggong Mao, Kaijun Zhou, Yunting Fang, Jiangming Mo. High retention of 15N‐labeled nitrogen deposition in a nitrogen saturated old-growth tropical forest, Global Change Biology, 2016,22, 3608–3620, doi: 10.1111/gcb.13327.
- Ying Tu,Yunting Fang*, Dongwei Liu, Yuepeng Pan.(2016)Modifications to the azide method for nitrate isotope analysis. Rapid Communications in Mass Spectrometry, 30, 1213–1222.
- Zhi Quan, Bin Huang, Caiyan Lu, Yi Shi, Xin Chen, Haiyang Zhang, and Yunting Fang. (2016) The fate of fertilizer nitrogen in a high nitrate accumulated agricultural soil. Scientific Reports, 6. DOI: 10.1038/srep21539
- Ming Yang, Yunting Fang, Di Sun, and Yuanliang Shi. (2016) Efficiency of two nitrification inhibitors (dicyandiamide and 3,4-dimethypyrazole phosphate) on soil nitrogen transformations and plant productivity: a meta-analysis. Scientific Reports, 6. DOI: 10.1038/srep22075
- Fang, Y., K. Koba, A. Makabe, C. Takahashi, W. Zhu, T. Hayashi, A. A. Hokari, R. Urakawa, E. Bai, B. Z. Houlton, D. Xi, S. Zhang, K. Matsushita, Y. Tu, D. Liu, F. Zhu, Z. Wang, G. Zhou, D. Chen, T. Makita, H. Toda, X. Liu, Q. Chen, D. Zhang, Y. Li and M. Yoh (2015). Microbial denitrification dominates nitrate losses from forest ecosystems. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America (PNAS), 112(5): 1470-1474.
- Ren Bai,Xi Dan, Jizheng He, Hangwei Hu, Yunting Fang*, Limei Zhang*. (2015) Activity, abundance and community structure of anammox bacteria along depth profiles in three contrasting paddy soils. Soil Biology and Biochemistry, 91, 212-221.
- Zhang, S., Y. Fang* and D. Xi (2015). Adaptation of micro-diffusion method for the analysis of 15N natural abundance of ammonium in samples with small volume. Rapid Communications in Mass Spectrometry,29(14): 1297-1306.
- Ren, H. Y*., Z. W. Xu, J. H. Huang*, X. T. Lu, D. H. Zeng, Z. Y. Yuan, X. G. Han and Y. T. Fang* (2015). Increased precipitation induces a positive plant-soil feedback in a semi-arid grassland.Plant and Soil, 389(1-2): 211-223.
- Liu, D. W., Y. T. Fang*, Y. Tu and Y. P. Pan (2014). Chemical Method for Nitrogen Isotopic Analysis of Ammonium at Natural Abundance. Analytical Chemistry, 86(8): 3787-3792.
- Wang, C., X. B. Wang, D. W. Liu, H. H. Wu, X. T. Lu, Y. T. Fang, W. X. Cheng, W. T. Luo, P. Jiang, J. S. Shi, H. Q. Yin, J. Z. Zhou, X. G. Han and E. Bai (2014). Aridity threshold in controlling ecosystem nitrogen cycling in arid and semi-arid grasslands. Nature Communications, 5.
- Zhang, W., K. Y. Wang, Y. Q. Luo, Y. T. Fang, J. H. Yan, T. Zhang, X. M. Zhu, H. Chen, W. T. Wang and J. M. Mo (2014). Methane uptake in forest soils along an urban-to-rural gradient in Pearl River Delta, South China. Scientific Reports, 4.
- Wang A, Fang YT*, Chen DX*, Koba K, Makabe A, Li YD, Luo TS, and Yoh M. (2014). Variations in 15N natural abundance of plant and soil systems in four remote tropical rainforests, southern China. Oecologia, 174:567–580.
- Fang, Y. T., X. M. Wang, F. F. Zhu, Z. Y. Wu, J. Li, L. J. Zhong, D. H. Chen and M. Yoh (2013). Three-decade changes in chemical composition of precipitation in Guangzhou city, southern China: has precipitation recovered from acidification following sulphur dioxide emission control? Tellus Series B-Chemical and Physical Meteorology, 65, 20213, http://dx.doi.org/10.3402/tellusb.v65i0.20213.
- Fang, Y. T., K. Koba, M. Yoh, A. Makabe and X. Y. Liu (2013). Patterns of foliar δ15N and their control in Eastern Asian forests. Ecological Research, 28(5): 735-748.
- Liu, X. Y., K. Koba, Y. Takebayashi, C. Q. Liu, Y. T. Fang and M. Yoh (2013). Dual N and O isotopes of nitrate in natural plants: first insights into individual variability and organ-specific patterns.Biogeochemistry,114(1-3): 399-411.
- Wang, X. M., Z. Y. Wu, M. Shao, Y. T. Fang, L. M. Zhang, F. Chen, P. W. Chan, Q. Fan, Q. Wang, S. J. Zhu and R. Y. Bao (2013). Atmospheric nitrogen deposition to forest and estuary environments in the Pearl River Delta region, southern China. Tellus Series B-Chemical and Physical Meteorology, 65, 20480, http://dx.doi.org/10.3402/tellusb.v65i0.20480.
- Zhao, L., Y. L. Hu, G. G. Lin, Y. C. Gao, Y. T. Fang and D. H. Zeng (2013). Mixing effects of understory plant litter on decomposition and nutrient release of tree litter in two plantations in northeast China. Plos One, 8(10),e76334.
- Fang YT, Koba K, Makabe A, Zhu FF, Fan SY, Liu XY, Yoh M. (2012). Low δ18O values of nitrate produced from nitrification in temperate forest soils. Environmental Science & Technology, 46(16): 8723-8730.
- Koba K, Fang YT*, Mo JM, Zhang W, Lu XK, Liu L, Zhang T, Takebayashi Y, Toyoda S, Yoshida N, Suzuki K, Yoh M, Senoo K. (2012). The N-15 natural abundance of the N lost from an N-saturated subtropical forest in southern China. Journal of Geophysical Research, 117, DOI: 10.1029/2010JG001615.
- Li J, Fang YT*, Yoh M, Wang XM, Wu ZY, Kuang YW. (2012). Organic nitrogen deposition in precipitation in metropolitan Guangzhou city of southern China. Atmospheric Research, 113: 57-67.
- Isobe K, Koba K, Suwa Y, Ikutani J, Kuroiwa M, Fang YT, Yoh M, Mo JM, Otsuka S, Senoo K. (2012). Nitrite transformations in an N-saturated forest soil. Soil Biology and Biochemistry, 52: 61-63.
- Lu XK, Mo JM, Gilliam FS, Fang H, Zhu FF, Fang YT, Zhang W, Huang J. (2012). Nitrogen Addition Shapes Soil Phosphorus Availability in Two Reforested Tropical Forests in Southern China. Biotropica, 44(3): 302-311.
- Isobe K, Koba K, Suwa Y, Ikutani J, Fang YT, Yoh M, Mo JM, Otsuka S, Senoo K. (2012). High abundance of ammonia-oxidizing archaea in acidified subtropical forest soils in southern China after long-term N deposition.FEMS Microbiology Ecology, 80(1): 193-203.
- Liu XY, Koba K, Takebayashi Y, Liu CQ, Fang YT, Yoh M. (2012). Preliminary insights into delta N-15 and delta O-18 of nitrate in natural mosses: A new application of the denitrifier method. Environmental Pollution, 162: 48-55.
- Lu XK, Mo JM, Gilliam FS, Yu GR, Zhang W, Fang YT, Huang J. (2011). Effects of experimental nitrogen additions on plant diversity in tropical forests of contrasting disturbance regimes in southern China. Environmental Pollution, 159(10): 2228-2235.
- Fang YT*, Gundersen P, Vogt RD, Koba K, Chen FS, Chen XY, Yoh M. (2011). Atmospheric deposition and leaching of nitrogen in Chinese forest ecosystems. Journal of Forest Research, 16(5): 341-350.
- Hu XF, Chen FS, Nagle G, Fang YT, Yu MQ. (2011). Soil phosphorus fractions and tree phosphorus resorption in pine forests along an urban-to-rural gradient in Nanchang, China.Plant and Soil, 346(1-2): 97-106.
- Fang YT*, Yoh M, Koba K, Zhu WX, Takebayashi Y, Xiao YH, Lei CY, Mo JM, Zhang W, Lu XK. (2011). Nitrogen deposition and forest nitrogen cycling along an urban-rural transect in southern China. Global Change Biology, 17(2): 872-885.
- Fang YT*, Koba K, Wang XM, Wen DZ, Li J, Takebayashi Y, Liu XY, Yoh, M. (2011). Anthropogenic imprints on nitrogen and oxygen isotopic composition of precipitation nitrate in a nitrogen-polluted city in southern China. Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics, 11(3): 1313-1325.
- Lu XK, Mo JM, Gilliam FS, Zhou GY, Fang YT. (2010). Effects of experimental nitrogen additions on plant diversity in an old-growth tropical forest. Global Change Biology, 16(10): 2688-2700.
- Koba K, Isobe K, Takebayashi Y, Fang YT, Sasaki Y, Saito W, Yoh M, Mo JM, Liu L, Lu X, Zhang T, Zhang W, Senoo K. (2010). δ15N of soil N and plants in a N-saturated, subtropical forest of southern China. Rapid Communications in Mass Spectrometry, 24(17): 2499-2506.
- Liu KH, Fang YT, Yu FM, Liu Q, Li FR, Peng SL. (2010). Soil Acidification in Response to Acid Deposition in Three Subtropical Forests of Subtropical China. Pedosphere, 20(3): 399-408.
- Takebayashi Y, Koba K, Sasaki Y, Fang YT, Yoh M. (2010). The natural abundance of N-15 in plant and soil-available N indicates a shift of main plant N resources to NO3- from NH4+ along the N leaching gradient. Rapid Communications in Mass Spectrometry, 24(7): 1001-1008.
- Fang YT*, Gundersen P, Zhang W, Zhou GY, Christiansen JR, Mo JM, Dong SF, Zhang T. (2009). Soil-atmosphere exchange of N2O, CO2 and CH4 along a slope of an evergreen broad-leaved forest in southern China. Plant and Soil, 319(1-2): 37-48.
- Fang YT*, Zhu WX, Gundersen P, Mo JM, Zhou GY, Yoh M. (2009). Large Loss of Dissolved Organic Nitrogen from Nitrogen-Saturated Forests in Subtropical China. Ecosystems, 12(1): 33-45.
- Fang YT, Yoh M, Mo JM, Gundersen P, Zhou GY. (2009). Response of Nitrogen Leaching to Nitrogen Deposition in Disturbed and Mature Forests of Southern China. Pedosphere, 19(1): 111-120.
- Fang YT*, Gundersen P, Mo JM, Zhu WX. (2009). Nitrogen leaching in response to increased nitrogen inputs in subtropical monsoon forests in southern China. Forest Ecology and Management, 257(1): 332-342.