Dr,. Zhi Quan
Institute of Applied Ecology
Chinese Academy of Sciences
No. 72, Wenhua road
Shenhe district, Shenyang
Liaoning province, 110016, China
- B.S., 2004-2008, College of Resources and Environment, Northwest Agriculture & Forest University, Major: Agriculture Resources & Environment;
- M.S., 2008-2011, Institute of Subtropical Agriculture, Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS), Major: Ecology;
- Joint Ph.D student, 2012-2013, Max Planck/CAS doctoral promotion program, Mainz, Germany, Major: Biogeochemistry;
- Ph.D., 2011-2015, Institute of Applied Ecology, Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS), Major: Ecology;
- Thesis title (M.S.): "Environmental and healthy status of vegetable soils in the suburbs of Changsha city"
- Thesis title (Ph.D.): "Effect of organic fertilizer on transport and leaching loss of soluble organic nitrogen in greenhouse cultivation systems in China"
- Assistant Scientist, Institute of Applied Ecology, CAS (2015-)
01/07/2011, Rewarded " Three-good students " by The graduate school, CAS.
01/07/2012, Rewarded " Three-good students " by The graduate school, CAS.
- 2018-2020, Nitrous oxide and dinitrogen emissions from maize-cultivated black soils in Northeast China and their responses to straw incorporation and nitrification inhibitor, RMB 250,000 (or $35,000). PI.
- 2014-2019, Soil microbes drive nitrogen biogeochemical cycling in cropland soil in Northeast China. Funded by Strategic Priority Research Program of Chinese Academy of Sciences. RMB 3,000,000 (or $435,000). Participation.
- 2015-2018: Phosphorus accumulation, distribution and transformation process in larch plantation ecosystem of different forest age. Funded by Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS). RMB 1,150,000 (or $167,000). Participation.
- 2011-2013: Effect of organic manure on transport and leaching loss of soluble organic nitrogen in the greenhouse soil. Funded by the National Science Foundation of China (NSFC). RMB 220,000 (or $32,000). Participation.
- 2009-2011: The influence factors of nitrogen and phosphorus migration and its environmental risk in subtropical agricultural soil. Funded by the National Science Foundation of China (NSFC). RMB 850,000 (or $123,000). Participation.
- 2008-2011: Technology integration and application of high-efficient and environment-friendly agriculture at the suburban region of cities in Central China. Funded by Ministry of Science and Technology of China. RMB 1,000,000 (or $145,000). Participation.
1. Quan Z, Huang B, Lu C, Shi Y, Chen X, Zhou J, Fang Y*. Formation of extractable organic nitrogen in an agricultural soil: A 15N labeling study. Soil Biology and Biochemistry, 2018, 118, 161-165.
2. Quan Z, Li S, Zhu F, Zhang L, He J, Wei W, Fang Y*. Fates of 15N-labeled fertilizer in a black soil-maize system and the response to straw incorporation in Northeast China. Journal of Soils and Sediments. 2017, doi: 10.1007/s11368-017-1857-3
3. Quan Z, Huang B, Lu C*, Shi Y, Chen X, Zhang H, Fang Y. The fate of fertilizer nitrogen in a high nitrate accumulated agricultural soil. Scientific Reports, 2016. 6, 21539, doi:10.1038/srep21539.
4. Quan Z, Huang B, Lu C*, Shi Y, Cao Y, Wang Y, He C, Chi G, Ma J, and Chen X. Nitrogen Accumulation and Loss in a High-input Greenhouse Vegetable Cropping System Elevated by Application of Manures. Hortscience, 50: 1–6.
5. Quan Z, Lu C*, Shi Y*, Chen X, Huang B, Wang Y, Zhao Y, Ma J. Manure increase the leaching risk of soil extractable organic nitrogen in intensively irrigated greenhouse vegetable cropping systems. Acta Agriculturae Scandinavica, Section B-Soil and Plant Science, 2014, 65: 199-207.
6. Quan Z, Wu J, Wei W, Qin H*, Zhu Y, Liu X, Shu R, Li M. Change characteristics of soil available nitrogen and phosphorus and heavy metal contents after long-term cultivation of vegetables. Chinese Journal of Applied Ecology, 2011, 22: 2919-2929. (In Chinese with a English abstract)
7. Quan Z, Qin H*, Li M, Liu X, Zhu Y, Wei W, Wu J. Soil nitrogen and phosphorus accumulation, vegetable yield and quality influenced by reduction and optimization of nitrogen fertilizer application. Journal of Soil and Water Conservation, 2011, 25: 103-107, 112. (In Chinese with a English abstract)
8. Quan Z, Qin H, Li M, Zhu Y, Liu X, Wei W*, Wu J. Yield and nutrient balance of lettuce as influenced by reduced and optimized nitrogen application. Chinese Journal of Eco-Agriculture, 2011, 19(4): 738-744. (In Chinese with a English abstract)
9. Qin H, Quan Z, Yuan H, Liu X, Zhu Y, Chen C, Guo J, Wu J, Wei W*. Response of ammonium-oxidizing (amoA) and nitrate-reducing (narG) gene abundances in groundwater to land use change. Water, Air and Soil Polloution, 2014, 225: 159-172
10. Bunk R, Quan Z, Wandel M, Yi Z, Bozem H, Kesselmeier J*. The influence of water vapor on atmospheric exchange measurements with an ICOS based Laser absorption analyzer. EGU General Assembly, Geophysical Research Abstracts, 16, EGU2014-11838, 2014
11. Qin H, Quan Z, Liu X, Li M, Zong Y, Wu J, Wei W*. Phosphorus status and risk of phosphate leaching loss from vegetable soil of different cultivation years in suburbs of Changsha. Scientia Agricultura Sinica, 2010, 9: 1641-1649.
12. Cao Y, Lu C*, Quan Z, Wang Y, Huang B, Shi Y*. Elevated O3 decreased N rhizodeposition from 15N-labelled fertilizer and its availability to wheat-buckwheat rotation system, Soill and Tillage Reasearch, 2016, 162: 18-25.
13. Wang Y, Chen X, Whalen JK, Cao Y, Quan Z, Lu C, Shi Y*. Kinetics of inorganic and organic phosphorus release influenced by low molecular weight organic acids in calcareous, neutral and acidic soils, Journal of Plant Nutrition and Soil Science, 2015, 178: 555-566.
14. Lu C, Zhao Y, Quan Z, Ma J, Chen X*, Shi Y. Accumulation and distribution of soil soluble N in greenhouse soil. Advanced Materials Research, 2013, 726-731.
15. He C, Quan Z, Xie H, Lu C*, Chen X, Shi Y. Accumulation and transport of soil extractable N affected by corn stover mulching quantity in no-tillage system. Chinese Journal of Ecology, 2016, 35: 977-983. (In Chinese with a English abstract)
16. Xu Y, Qin H, Quan Z, Wei W*. Effects of long-term vegetable cultivation on the NO3-N contents in soil profile and groundwater, Research of Agricultural Modernization, 2015, 36: 1080-1085. (In Chinese with a English abstract)